Appetizers are the first thing guests eat at the start of a party. The very
Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls
Cook: 5 mins
Total: 50 mins
Yield: 8 spring rolls
- 2 ounces rice vermicelli
- 8 rice wrappers (8.5-inch diameter)
- 8 large cooked shrimp – peeled, deveined, and cut in half
- 1 ⅓ tablespoon chopped fresh Thai basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 leaves lettuce, chopped
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped peanuts
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Boil rice vermicelli for 3 to 5 minutes, or until al dente, and drain.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place 2 shrimp halves, a handful of vermicelli, basil, mint, cilantro, and lettuce, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end with the lettuce. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, water, lime juice, garlic, sugar, and chili sauce.
- In another small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce and peanuts.
- Serve rolled spring rolls with the fish sauce and hoisin sauce mixtures.
Salads are usually made with a combination of lettuce or mixed greens and various toppings
The Indian party snack platter is incomplete without this delicious seek kebab starter. Juicy kebabs
Spices and herbs are the basis of all delicious Middle Eastern cuisine. In fact, they