It all started in Japan. Vendors shouting here and there selling all kinds of fresh
Deep-Fried Chicken Katsu
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Total: 20 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup oil for frying, or as needed
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the flour, egg, and panko crumbs into separate shallow dishes. Coat the chicken breasts in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip them into the egg, and then press into the panko crumbs until well coated on both sides.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in the hot oil, and cook 3 or 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
Feeling overwhelmed about what to buy in the grocery store? Believe us, we all go
When you’re craving a fresh salad, there’s nothing more delicious than adding a juicy apple