It all started in Japan. Vendors shouting here and there selling all kinds of fresh
Coffee is part of the everyday lives of many here in Chicago, so understanding the different types of milk to use in your coffee can be an important part of the morning routine for locals. Located in Chicago, Fresh Farms Grocery carries an array of quality, unique, and specialty types of milk. This article will explore the key differences between the most popular types of milk offered in Fresh Farms and the advantages of each.
What Are the Benefits of Using Milk in Coffee?
Milk is one of the best ingredients to add to your coffee. It adds a richness to any cup of coffee and mutes some of the bitterness that can come with overly-brewed coffee beans. Plus, milk adds a touch of sweetness and crema, which isn’t possible with other types of creams or milk substitutes.
Types of Milk to Use in Coffee
When it comes to adding milk to your coffee, there’s a wide range of options available. Traditional milk, such as 2%, whole milk, or any type of non-dairy milk substitute, can all be used. You can also use milk alternatives such as oat milk, coconut milk, or almond milk, for a more creamy and flavorful cup of coffee.
- Cow’s Milk. Cow’s Milk is widely known to be the most popular and traditional type of milk used in coffee. Available in a range of varieties from skim to whole, cow’s milk has an abundance of creaminess and a subtle sweetness that makes it the perfect partner for coffee. Being the most nutrient-dense of the milks, cow’s milk is composed of high levels of essential vitamins and minerals such as calcium, protein, and phosphorus.
- Almond Milk. Almond Milk is quickly becoming one of the most popular types of milk offered at Fresh Farms Grocery. With its light and sweet taste and multitude of potential health benefits, it is no wonder that almond milk’s popularity has skyrocketed in the past years. Almond milk offers a high concentration of proteins, but it is low in calories, which is an added bonus for health-conscious coffee drinkers.
- Soy Milk. Soy Milk is a good alternative for those who are lactose intolerant or vegan. Soy milk has a mild flavor and is composed of soybeans that have been soaked and ground to a creamy paste. Rich in protein and calcium, soy milk is a great source of nutrients and is noticeably thicker than cow’s milk.
- Oat Milk. Oat Milk is also a popular dairy alternative at coffee shops and at home. The texture of oat milk is light and creamy, and it has a faintly sweet and nutty flavor. The oats used in oat milk are gluten-free, which is good news for those who are allergic or sensitive to gluten. Oat milk contains large amounts of fiber, calcium, and vitamins A, D, and E.
No matter your choice when it comes to the types of milk you drink, Fresh Farms Grocery in Chicago has you covered. From traditional cow’s milk to the more luxurious and health-friendly alternatives such as almond milk, soy milk and oat milk, Fresh Farms Grocery carries a broad range of options. Understanding the different types of milk to use in your coffee allows you to choose a milk that works specifically for you and your own personal needs.
How to Make Your Perfect Cup of Milk Coffee at Home
Now that you have your milk of choice from Fresh Farms Grocery in Chicago, it’s time to make your perfect cup of milk coffee.
- Start by brewing your coffee. Make sure to use freshly ground coffee beans and the proper ratio of coffee grounds and water. For example, if you’re using a French press, use one scoop of coffee beans for every 4 ounces of hot water.
- Once the coffee has been brewed, add the milk of your choice and stir. If you’re going for a latte, then you’ll need to use steamed milk. To do this, you will need an espresso machine or milk steamer. You can also heat up the milk in the microwave if you don’t have either of those.
- Once your milk has been heated, add the desired amount to your cup of coffee and stir. Enjoy!
Using milk in coffee adds a creamy and delicious flavor while also balancing out any overly-brewed coffee beans, which can become too bitter on their own. There are also several kinds of milk to choose from, each offering their own unique flavor and texture. So for coffee lovers looking for a new way to enjoy their coffee, adding milk is the way to go.
At Fresh Farms Grocery in Chicago, you can find the perfect ingredients to make your own cup of coffee with milk at home. Come and visit today to get everything you need!
Feeling overwhelmed about what to buy in the grocery store? Believe us, we all go
When you’re craving a fresh salad, there’s nothing more delicious than adding a juicy apple